Wednesday 3 December 2008

This is how I remember it

The TV buzzed loudly as we watched the screen with intense concentration. Focusing on what was going to happen next, would she resist? Or would she eat the poisoned apple? The doorbell rang and our parents went to collect the pizza. I was so excited to eat pizza with Natasha. Our mums came and handed us each our small Margherita pizzas. We devoured the pizzas slice by slice, until I heard a funny noise. I turned to look at Natasha. Her face was purple and her mouth was open, she was making a gagging noise. I didn't know what to do, I looked at her in disbelief. She was just joking right? I screamed for our mums, they came running from the kitchen. Natasha's mum calmly sat down in front of Natasha, held her mouth open and reached in. Her hand pulled out a long, stringy bit of mozarella cheese. Natasha's face turned back to a pale pink, she drank a big gulp of water, looked at me and laughed. I was in tears, for I thought that it was the last day that I would ever see my friend again.

1 comment: